Frequently Asked Questions
Put your desired product(s) into the shopping basket, add your address and you will be shown rates to your destination. We do not deliver to PO Boxes.
- Anywhere our freight carriers will go
- Sometimes. Contact us for a quote.
- We endeavour to dispatch the products you purchase as quickly as possible. However as we are dependent on suppliers, it may require more time on certainoccasions. If a delay does occur, we will advise you by mail or phone. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the customer arising from delay in delivering goods after the due quoted delivery date.
The standard delivery times are as follows:
- Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra within 2 business days
- Perth within 5 business days
- Regional areas of NSW, VIC, SA, QLD within 4 business days
- Tasmania within 6 business days
- Western Australia within 8 business days
- Northern Territory within 7 business days
- Please notify us about damaged merchandise within 24 hours of receipt, and make sure you keep all the original boxes and packaging. Email us a photo of the damaged item, and we will liaise with the freight carrier to determine the cause. Depending on the issue, we may request you return the item for repair, or send a replacement.
- Certainly. Please contact us before arriving to ensure your items are assembled ready for you when you come.
- The bigger the item, and the further it needs to ship from our warehouse in Sydney, the more the freight charge. Indicative costs – this table is a guide only.
- Please click below to download our PDF instruction brochure on how to install the 7000 series monitor arms.
- 7000 & 7045 monitor arm Instructions and Parts Download
- If you’ve ever suffered from neck or eye strain from spending long hours viewing a fixed monitor screen, you’ll know it’s not an ideal ergonomic arrangement.That problem is quickly solved with our flexible LCD monitor arms, which allow you to easily reposition the monitor; as well as allowing for continual,individualised adjustment throughout the workday. You are no longer locked into a fixed viewing position, and you can easily reposition the monitor. At deskss hared by multiple users, monitor arms are particularly useful, because each user can customise the monitor position according to their specific needs. With the right monitor arm, the same screen can be used from a sitting or standing position, and can easily accommodate users of different heights.
- The ideal viewing distance for a monitor (450mm to 600mm from the user) is narrower than a typical desktop. If the monitor is fixed to one spot on the desk, a large area of space of the desktop, as well as space under and behind the monitor, is permanently unavailable. However, combining a LCD monitor with a movable LCD arm allows the monitor to be suspended over the desktop, freeing up desk space for other tasks and storage. This also allows smaller desk spaces to be allocated, as staff are able to use more of the desktop. This increases productivity per square metre.
Numerous scientific studies have shown that an ergonomic environment translates into higher employee productivity, both through greater time spent at the desk, and fewer missed days. In today’s computer-intensive workplace, an ergonomic monitor setup is helps achieve these benefits. Employees comfortable in the workplace reward the employer with higher productivity
- An articulated or Better Balance™ monitor arm provides one touch control of the monitor and effectively floats the monitor above the desk.
· Your monitor can be precisely calibrated to the weight of your monitor or laptop, so that it can be moved over your desktop with ease.
· Download this PDF document (7000 & 7045 Calibration Current Download) or watch the video for details.
· For Australian customers please contact Uplifting Solutions – 1300 798 050, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Generally LCD monitor sizes follow the weight guidelines in the table seen below, however LED screens will typically weigh less than LCD screens.
Monitor weight may vary depending on configuration and manufacturer, so it’s important to check your monitor manual for accurate figures. If weighing your monitor yourself, remember to check the monitor weight without the original stand. Apple monitors are generally heavier than those represented
on this table.
- For mounting your Apple display, it is important to check the weight of your monitor, and purchase separately an Apple VESA mount adapter kit. Apple VESA mount adapter kits are available through Apple or computer retailers. Generally the 62457-7045-1000 will be the most suitable monitor arm for an Apple computer screen.
- The VESA Mounting Interface Standard (MIS-D) is implemented on most of the modern LCD flat-panel monitors: it simply consists of standard screw holes spaced, in a square pattern, at either 75mm or 100mm. The VESA 200mm standard is a rectangular pattern used for larger screens. If you are considering a large monitor mount, 200mm VESA adapter plates can be supplied.
Being VESA compatible means that your monitor will be attached quickly and safely to our monitor arms using our standard VESA adapter. If you are not sure about your monitor compatibility or if your monitor requires specific brackets, please feel free to call us on 1300 798 050.
· For large contract orders, installation may be available at additional charge, depending on location. Please contact us for details.
Generally no. Our monitor arm systems are designed to work with their own carefully calibrated parts, and we can’t guarantee they will be the right
dimensions for mixing with other products. Monitor arm systems are not interchangeable.
. There are various double mounts that can accommodate this common requirement. The 62457-7000 or 62457-7045 Monitor Arms and the Actiflex Monitor Arms can support this way of working.
· For the upper bolt, directly under the tilter, there is typically a lot of resistance. To loosen this bolt you will need to turn it clockwise with force.This will not break the monitor arm. The bolt will “pop” and begin to turn easily in the thread. You can now adjust the tilt of your monitor.
To decrease the tension or “spring” of the arm, you must turn the lower bolt clockwise. It will take a lot of turning before you will notice a change, this is so you
can dial in the exact tension required for your monitor’s weight.
· Hard castors – normal rolling castors – are the most suitable for carpet and are the most common type of castor.
· Soft castors have more friction and slow down the movement of a chair. They are identifiable by a more lightly coloured castor wheel. These are suitable for hard wooden floors, vinyl tiles, slate or concrete floors.
·Glides (fixed feet) are recommended where no movement is desired. Glides are normally utilised with drafting chairs or stools featuring higher gas lifts and foot rings, in environments where stability is important.
Brake unloaded castors limit movement when no one is sitting on the chair, that is, when the chair isunloaded or has no weight on it. Typically used in student labs for safety purposes.
Brake loaded castors do the opposite – they limit movement when the chair has weight on it, but allowthe chair to be moved around when no-one is sitting on it.
ESD (electro static discharge) or anti-static castors prevent the accumulation of static electricity from rolling across a floor. This prevents interference with and/or damage to electrically sensitive or volatile materials.
· A larger person often requires a deeper seat, a taller back-rest, and sometimes a higher gas strut.
·Sitting to work at height usually requires a height adjustable chair with a tall gas strut. For safety, the seat pan should not be able to be tilted, and the chair should be stable on the floor surface when getting up or down, with either glides or soft castors. A spider base provides a step-ladder and foot support, while a foot-ring can be adjusted to the right height for users.
·Laboratories have different seating requirements to the office: moisture, chemicals, static, different table heights, different shifts, multiple users.
Sit-stand and drafting chairs also help people work comfortably. They are particularly useful where people are using microscopes or other specialised equipment.
Chairs for wet or dusty environments need to have suitable seating surfaces, as well as glides or nonslip castors to prevent unintended rolling. Glides or castors for electrostatic discharge can be essential for workplaces handling flammable materials, or delicate electronics. Uplifting Solutions has a wide range of chair bases, including spider bases incorporating a step-ladder, and trumpet bases to eliminate trip hazards.
· Several of our stools and chairs comply with The Australian Government Guidelines for Certification of a Physical Containment Level 2 Laboratory (Version 3.1– Effective 1 July 2007 PC2 Lab), providing cleaning agents comprise mild detergent and water only. Popular choices include the Padded Sit Stand Stool, the AMB Lab Stool, and the Gala Lab Drafting and Desk Chair
·Industrial and production workplaces have different seating requirements to the office: moisture, chemicals, static, different table heights, different shifts, multiple users.
Industrial and lab seating typically needs to be adjustable for a wide range of body types, to take into account workers over multiple shifts who might share the same chair: a contrast to the office environment, where workers usually don’t need to share task seating.
Industrial chairs often need a wider range of movement than office chairs to cope with different shifts, tougher conditions and a wider range of physical movement than in the office.
Sit-stand and drafting chairs also help people work comfortably.
Chairs for wet or dusty environments need to have suitable seating surfaces, and glides or nonslip castors to prevent unintended rolling. Glides or castors for electrostatic discharge can be essential for workplaces handling flammable materials. Uplifting Solutions has a wide range of chair bases, including spider bases incorporating a step-ladder, and “trumpet” or solid bases to eliminate trip hazards.
·A multi-adjustable operator chair is essential for control rooms. For 24-hour operations each person on shift needs to be able to adjust the chair to suit their preferred working position. The chair also needs to be sufficiently robust to withstand 24/7 use.
·Uplifting Solutions can tailor chair heights to specific applications, by varying the gas struts supplied with the chairs or stools.
For applications where seat height from floor needs to be from 380mm to 480mm, we can provide a low 80mm stroke gas strut.
For applications where seat height from floor needs to be from 420mm to 550mm, we can supply a medium 140mm stroke gas strut.
For applications where seat height from floor needs to be from 460mm to 660mm, we can supply a high 200mm stroke gas strut.
For applications where seat height from floor needs to be from 590mm to 850mm, we can supply a Sit-stand/drafting 270mm stroke gas strut.
These are indicative ranges; there will be some variations depending on chair, base and castor type. Please note that high back chairs are not available with 270mm stroke gas struts for safety reasons. Call us to discuss your requirement.
. Several of our chairs and stools feature tilt adjustment of the seat pan, especially for forward leaning sit-stand applications, such as for cashier seating or bench tasks. See our sit-stand stool, or the variety of saddle stools for forward leaning applications.
·Our chairs and stools range in weight carrying capability from 120 kg to 220kg. Most chairs are weight rated to 120 kg.
· Foot-rings may be added to many of our chairs. Call us to check suitability and pricing.
· Samples for contract orders only may be offered on a trial basis. For small orders for individuals, trials are generally unavailable. The best option is to purchase the item, and try it for a couple of weeks. If it is still in “as new” saleable condition, with the original packaging, please contact us to discuss your return of the item. We will refund the cost of the product itself, but not the freight charges in either direction. You will need to arrange the return freight from your premises to our warehouse. Only stock items are able to be returned, not custom or specially ordered goods.
· Due to the long payment cycle for most claims, we prefer not to invoice for insurance claims. We recommend you arrange alternative payment if you wish to receive the goods in a reasonable time. Otherwise we will ship the goods after payment is received from the insurer, often in three to four months time.
·Height adjustable desks, hand-wind, portable and electric desks are now hugely popular in Australia. First introduced into Europe over ten years ago, they are now a standard office requirement in many countries.
There’s now a growing body of scientific evidence that sitting to work all day contributes to a multitude of health problems; ranging from back pain to bowel cancer.
However, height adjustability allows different users to vary the desk height, as well as letting users change from sitting to standing throughout the day. based on their different needs or wants. Standing for part of the day also increases energy and focus.
You can find some media articles about the benefits of standing while working from:
· Sydney Morning Herald
· 60 minutes
· The major difference between a ‘hand-crank’ desk and standard desks, is that the hand-crank’ desk legs are telescopic and the height is adjusted via a hand crank.
·An Agile Working Environment (AWE) is an environment that features a flexible of workplace set-up. Also known as an Agility Based Workplace (ABW), it includes sit-stand desks, computer monitor arms (that can be individually adjusted) and height-adjustable seating.
An AWE provides a choice to people to work at any workstation- either regularly, or as visitors; and that the monitor surfaces and screens can be easily adjusted to best suit the individual. An AWE is ideal for organisations with flexible working, where staff may regularly work out of the office, with desks used by different people throughout the week. By catering for comfort and productivity, as well as saving on little used desk and floor space; agile working is increasingly preferred by many organisations.